GET ON THE LIST, ZOCALO CHEF DINNER
Lately we’ve been so busy that we haven’t had time for the simple pleasures in life so we took a break and went to Zocalo’s November Chef Dinner and it was amazing!
What is Zocalo’s Chef Dinner? Zocalo first started their monthly Chef’s Dinner 5 years ago in an effort to showcase seasonal ingredients and specialty drinks. Each dinner consists of a unique menu with three courses that are paired with a drink to highlight each. Why pair a different drink with each course? Zocalo’s pairings are used to enhance the full experience of the courses and the night itself. For November’s menu, Chef Ryan Rose was inspired by the mix of fall flavors and Day of the Dead colors that reflected in the decor that night. Enjoy November’s menu and photo showcase that inspired us to go out and enjoy a great night!
- Bloody Citrus Paloma: Tequila, fresh lime juice, agave, fresh grapefruit juice, blood orange, grapefruit soda
- Knee Deep Breaking Bud: IPA from local brewery in Auburn CA
- L.A. Cetto white wine: Small winery out of the Valle de Guadalupe in Baja, Mexico
- Spiced Chocolate: Espolon Reposado tequila, coffee liqueur, Godiva chocolate, fresh whipped cream, crushed red peppers
- Amouse: Roasted acorn squash, mole amarillo
- “Chili” Verde: Smoked chicken breast, runner cannellini beans, Knee Deep, salsa verde.
- Poached Halibut: black bean sauce infused with hoja santa, pureed cauliflower
- Camote: Roasted yam, chocolate glaze, candied pepitas, cocoa nibs, local honey
Zocalo‘s Chef Dinner happens every first Monday of the month year round from 6:00 – 9:00 pm. Next month’s Chef Dinner will be on Monday, December 5th, 2016. Tickets are $25 a person. You can purchase tickets to December’s Chef Dinner by clicking HERE or call 441-0303. Hurry! Only 100 tickets are available!